Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Which plywood in the Sub Floor Preparation Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. silver fox

silver fox Member

Hello again everyone,
    Got a job coming up which involves removing an area of wood parquet and replacing it with 18mm ply then fibre screed over it and the adjoining concrete floors to accept Amtico. I've had a look at the "best ply" in the local merchants and the top veneers look really paper thin. I'm a bit concerned that the moisture from the latex could cause a delamination. Looked at their good one face shuttering ply which has a nice thick outer veneer and is obviously designed to have moisture against it but it seems a bit softer as a product so am thinking about compression issues when the finished floor is used. Any thoughts?

2. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

I’d do it as a double layer of 9mm SP101 over lapping all the boards by half on the length and a quarter on the width if that makes sense

Tom likes this.
  3. silver fox

silver fox Member

Didn't realise you could get SP101 in 9mm. Where do you get it from, our local Mcd say they don't do it

4. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Get it direct from Hansen by the pallet

5. Rugmuncher

Rugmuncher Member

Fg1 is my go to and available up to 12mm. I avoid sp101 due to the odd sheet being made up poor quality.

6. silver fox

silver fox Member

Went with the 18mm good one face shutter ply in the end as I couldn't get hold of the thicker sp101 in time. Screwed and plugged down, fibre screed over the top then the Amtico tiles. Worked a treat. Only problem with the job was locking the keys in the van just as we were finishing up. £70 for a locksmith took the gloss off a bit!