Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Speed Catt N2300 or Orcon 13255 Quik Tuck Carpet Tucking Tool in the Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Andy Greenway

Andy Greenway New Member

As the title says ....
    Which is your preferred choice and why ?
    Pro's and Con's

Dan likes this.
  2. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Speedcatt is brilliant for setting carpet on gripper but I don't tuck with it I use tucking knife

tedmaced likes this.
  3. 1940

1940 Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

I use a small bolster, and don't use a speedcat as I haven't got one.

4. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

I don't use any of the tools I haven't got :rolleyes:

5. Rugrat

Rugrat Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

It is all personal choice and which tool feels right too you..

6. Stanley Flooring

Stanley Flooring New Member

I use the speedcat,good for creasing onto the gripper,if the carpets soft it tucks them well,i.e sensations and new oaklands,but when theyre stiff and full of latex i dont bother and use a plastic bolster.

7. Stanley Flooring

Stanley Flooring New Member

Update on the speedcat,to use it to its best effect you need to stretch and crease all walls on,then it tucks them nicely but being metal wheels it marks the skirtings if youre not careful.

Tried putting some hobbycraft felt on on the wheels but that lasted a day lol