Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Samba or Not in the Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Hi Guys, I was all set to buy a Samba machine, but have had second thoughts, not sure if it's up to the job? I would appreciate any feedback on the Samba if you have one, or suggestions for an alternative. It's main use would be removing laitance from anhydrite screeds, plus other floor preparation tasks.

2. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

I have a wirbel which is the same machine as the wolff Samba
    I've used it on lots of anhydride floors to remove laitance and it work a treat.
    You need to use the wolff Ninja disc with grinding segments and it will literally also remove a screed also Great bit if kit highly recommend

3. Spacey

Great for sanding also

4. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Thanks for the feedback so far. Anyone using a SPE STR701 Rotary machine or a Wolff Mambo Evo? I have been looking at these machines as well as the Samba, don't know if they would be overkill? Keep the comments coming.
    Cheers

5. Neilydun

Neilydun Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

I use an Str, there an excellent machine, and adaptable.
    The Mambo looks excellent, but expensive

6. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Yes, the STR looks a good machine. I agree the Mambo looks the business but is pricey!!
    I have managed to get Wolff to Demo the Samba and the Mambo for me on site in a couple of weeks time, should be interesting.

7. Spacey

Ive got a Nilfisk to same as the STR does a good job but a ton weight

8. Spacey

If you like the Samba buy a wirbel same only blue instead of green but cheaper or ask to buy tge one they bring as sn ex demo Worth a punt

9. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

There is also an L13 machine done by Preptec, exactly the same spec as the SAMBA but cheaper.I think there is an element of paying a premium for the Wolff name!!

10. Spacey

Your not understanding me the Samba is a wirbel ! They have the plastic to changed to green then sell it at premium same as they do with most of there tools.
    Pallman so the same machine in orange Uzin own Pallman and Wolff

At one point (and I kid you not) I had the wirbel and the wolf samba and the Pallman No difference in the performance or either. Ive got A 240v Samba still and a 110v Wirbel I sold the Pallman

11. Spacey

I think I read your post wrong there lol

12. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Yes I am hoping The Samba machine ( or similar) will do the job, I think it will. The Mambo looks good but is around £4k. Don't really want to part with that amount of money unless I have to.

13. Neilydun

I`ve bought few items through Paul at Preptec, and highly recommend them. There prices are keen, and service is excellent. I had a diamond grinder from them a few weeks back, and have had 2 or 3 or there 3 motor vac`s.

14. indy g

indy g Member

The stg 450 from the preperation group is an excellent machine..comes with the 32amp plug so you would need too buy the bigger tranny if you got one..since your mainly removing laitence or similar a dust skirt and vacuum(3phase motor)..would also be a good idea..you would probably pick all up for the price of the wolff mambo alone..costly but am excellent set up all in

15. Neilydun

Not sure about a 3 phase vac. That would be overkill for latience, and also means another set of leads etc, and sorting 3 phase on site can be problematic if there is not an existing connection.
    3 motor , 32 amp vac would be plenty

16. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Well guys. I tested the Samba with the Ninja attachment and wasn't impressed!! I think it is a sander trying to be a grinder. I did try the Wolff Neo grinder and found that a lot better to use, removed laitance from floor with ease. So I think this is the way I will go. Wolff currently have a deal on the Neo, but you can get a better grinder for less money if you shop around. Paul at Preptec has put a good package together for me on the Husquvrna Grinder.