Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Sad day

Discussion in 'Tools and Products' started by silver fox, Mar 26, 2018.

Discuss Sad day in the Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. silver fox

silver fox Member

Had to finally retire my Dolphins today after realising they were well worn out. Got really attached to my old friends, fit my hand like a glove. Picked up a pair of the Wolf knives on offer at the suppliers as replacements. Hope they serve me as well as the Dolphins did.
    Anyone else get too sentimental about their tools?

2. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

My Bolster, my dad was a builder and I "borrowed" it when I started fitting at 16, it was quite old and gnarled on the end even then, 40 years ago. not sure I could fit without it.

3. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Stopped using Dolphin knifes years ago I don’t miss them one bit

You won’t regret the Wolff knifes

4. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Had a few times when i`m fitting with another fitter and i pick up the wrong Bolster,automatically drop it like I was blind folded!!! Just the feeeel....
    Had mine 20 plus years,I would rather lose my dog than my Bolster !!!!

5. NGF-Derby

NGF-Derby New Member

I had a Orcon bolster and a thieving b'stard joiner stole it. It was well heavy with a 5 inch head. He knew that I knew it was him. Some travelling cockney b'stard working in Derby.
    I vowed to rob his van when I found out where he lived and burn his kit.
    I doubt that will ever happen as I am sure he lives in a lay-by.