Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss need help understanding primer to water ratios in the Sub Floor Preparation Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. gavvy

gavvy New Member

Hi all,

I am priming a floor very soon. Im using Mapei Primer G.

The instructions say to mix primer 1:3 with water when applying to already poured SLC. This is what I'm pouring onto.

I just wanted to be absolutely sure that what I do is 1 part of primer to 3 parts of water? Or, to put it another way I would use 1L of primer and 3L of water. (A an example)

Is that right? IE that the primer is always the first component and water always the second?
    thanks
    gav

2. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

3. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Always the primer then the water to ratio but a bit more primer than recommend wont hurt

4. gavin andrews

gavin andrews New Member

thanks guys - helps a lot

5. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Doesn't matter what order you mix primer with water.

On porus surfaces first do a coat what of ever the ratio to water is (some primers are different) If it soaks very very quickly repeat that and then put a neat coat on top.

Always do a small test first as some concrete needs more wate adder so it soaks in. If the primer can be peeled off or rubber off with your fingers when it's dry it needs a more water. Or if it takes a long time to soak in then less water