Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss lvt click system in bathrooms in the Vinyl Flooring Forum / Impervious Floor Coverings area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. ihatecarpets

ihatecarpets Member

honall was wondering how you guys fit click lvt in bathrooms i normally tell the shop to advise removing the toilet and sink as it's easier and a neater job, how ever they don't always follow my advise or the customer doesn't want to remove the goods, which then makes it a time consuming job, so how do you guys do it? if you cut around the pans what's the easiest way of doing the job right?

2. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Paper template with 2mm expansion gap

Best way is to not bother with the stuff from altogether

3. Rugmuncher

Rugmuncher Member

Ive done one bathroom in camaro lock and ill never do a click system in a bathroom again unless everything is taken out. I tried to get them to go with the stick down lvt but they wanted to be able to get under the floorboards if need be....waste of bloody time if you ask me.

But anyway like spacey says, template the lot and leave a couple of mm expansion. Silicon when done = job done!!

Spacey likes this.
  4. Micky

Micky New Member

Don't see the point in the stuff, done a couple of jobs with it but sooner lay stuck down less hassle .

Spacey likes this.
  5. themanwiththestick

themanwiththestick New Member

What do you guys get paid for fitting natural livin, Quicksteps lvt click? Or any lvt click?
    Our firm pays us £7.50 psqm. We are employed, use their van, etc.
    We think that's low?! Hell of a lot of messing about including colour match seal for only double the price to fit cushion floor.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  6. Micky

Micky New Member

Hi theman etc,I'm self employed and get between 13 and 22 pound per square meter depends on what it is and prep, but have heard of guys getting more than that.

7. themanwiththestick

themanwiththestick New Member

Thanks. Seems fair. We know were in Lincolnshire but think we're should be getting paid more.

8. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Are you employed or self employed?
    If your employed like you've said then I don't understand why you'd be getting paid meterage ? Surely your on a wage ?