Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Height of Gripper Rods ? in the Textile & Carpet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. whatnext

whatnext New Member

Hi

I note that the thickness of all gripper rods seems to be 6.3mm plywood with either long pins or medium pins.

What I was wondering is why the thickness of the gripper rods is not more considering that the underlays seem to range from 8mm to 12mm ?

I have this picture in my head that the carpet will be pulled down on to the gripper rods and that it might be visible around the perimeter of the room especially if a thicker ( say 11mm or 12mm ) underlay is used ?

Thanks

2. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Your absolutely right thats why a company called Stair Rods now makes 9mm gripper rods called Geordie Gripper

Tom likes this.
  3. carpet couture

carpet couture New Member

If you are looking High-end Rugs and Carpets for Office in India, Carpet Couture by Rashi is best High-end designer rugs & carpets exporters and manufacturer for hotels, hospitality and high residential in india.
    ‘Carpet Couture by Rashi’ (CCbR) is a couture brand of handmade carpets, where the age old craft of carpets meets the contemporary designs and forms. For a quick background , we have been exporting carpets and rugs to Europe , US , Middle East for the last 25 years. Leading Furniture & Projects brands in UAE use our rugs/carpets. We have done various Commercial, High End Residences , Sample / show flats, Farm Houses & Hospitality projects and customise rugs/carpets (wall to wall, in-room, lobby etc) for leading designers/architects/interior designers across the market. These are all contemporary carpets made from the finest New Zealand Wool , Banana Silk , Viscose & Genuine Leather. All our carpets are Fire Certified and Color Fast especially for hospitality projects. We at Carpet Couture, can get any size/design customized to any extent (colour/size/design/shape).