Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss cormar carpets too stiff to fit in the Textile & Carpet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Stanley Flooring

Stanley Flooring New Member

Anybody fitted Sensations & new oaklands lately,backing full of latex and too stiff to stretch,no ammount of heat making it better either. Sick of fitting it now :mad:

2. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Won’t supply cormar anymore. Delamation issues all the time .

foxpod and Rugmuncher like this.
  3. Rugmuncher

Rugmuncher Member

^^ hence why I stopped supply and fitting it. Its dog pooh

Tom and foxpod like this.
  4. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Yet they win awards every year...
    Who the fu<k votes in these polls?????
    Fu<king disgrace of a company,and promote made in Britain !! How embarrassing !!!
    I`m sick to death with fitting $hit,so many companys supplying crap....
    Sign of the times and the times aint good in the carpet quality world....
    Utter Dog$hit !!!

prah and Tom like this.
  5. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Oh and its deffo not latex in the backing,If it was latex the $hit wouldnt delaminate all over the place,fu<k knows what they put in it nowadays......

prah and Tom like this.
  6. The Carpet Crusader

The Carpet Crusader New Member

Okay, My first post on here - and I'm probably going to be shot down.
    We sell and fit an awful lot of Cormar Carpets, and haven't really got a problem with being hard, or delaminating.
    Two points - the sheer volume of carpets that Cormar make, they are bound to have problems of one kind or another.
    The only problem we have had with their product was one roll that stank when laid, and to be fair to Cormar they knew straight away that it had been a bad batch and replaced the whole roll without any quibble, or sending anybody out to see it.
    In terms of being hard - we've got a problem with Berbers especially from overseas being like plywood in this cold weather, and have had problems with carpets virtually snapping as we fit them, and rows coming off the side as we turn them.

7. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

May be better now it was awful. Then if you had a problem they send independent inspector out and in my case knew very little . But cormar didn’t want to know hence I stopped selling there products