Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss cormar carpets too stiff to fit in the Textile & Carpet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Stanley Flooring

Stanley Flooring New Member

Anybody fitted Sensations & new oaklands lately,backing full of latex and too stiff to stretch,no ammount of heat making it better either. Sick of fitting it now :mad:

2. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Won’t supply cormar anymore. Delamation issues all the time .

foxpod and Rugmuncher like this.
  3. Rugmuncher

Rugmuncher Member

^^ hence why I stopped supply and fitting it. Its dog pooh

Tom and foxpod like this.
  4. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Yet they win awards every year...
    Who the fu<k votes in these polls?????
    Fu<king disgrace of a company,and promote made in Britain !! How embarrassing !!!
    I`m sick to death with fitting $hit,so many companys supplying crap....
    Sign of the times and the times aint good in the carpet quality world....
    Utter Dog$hit !!!

prah and Tom like this.
  5. foxpod

Oh and its deffo not latex in the backing,If it was latex the $hit wouldnt delaminate all over the place,fu<k knows what they put in it nowadays......

prah and Tom like this.
  6. The Carpet Crusader

The Carpet Crusader New Member

Okay, My first post on here - and I'm probably going to be shot down.
    We sell and fit an awful lot of Cormar Carpets, and haven't really got a problem with being hard, or delaminating.
    Two points - the sheer volume of carpets that Cormar make, they are bound to have problems of one kind or another.
    The only problem we have had with their product was one roll that stank when laid, and to be fair to Cormar they knew straight away that it had been a bad batch and replaced the whole roll without any quibble, or sending anybody out to see it.
    In terms of being hard - we've got a problem with Berbers especially from overseas being like plywood in this cold weather, and have had problems with carpets virtually snapping as we fit them, and rows coming off the side as we turn them.

7. Tom

May be better now it was awful. Then if you had a problem they send independent inspector out and in my case knew very little . But cormar didn’t want to know hence I stopped selling there products

8. foxpod

Do You fit it or just sell it and someone else fits it?

9. The Carpet Crusader

I personally sell, We employ and contract out fitting

10. foxpod

My point is if you actually fitted it you would never sell it ! Fact !!
    Your fitters will fit it as they need to earn a wage but trust me its disgusting.delaminating dog$h!t...

Steve likes this.
  11. The Carpet Crusader

In the 4 years we've been actively selling it, we genuinely haven't had any complaints. We do have fitters complaining about hard backing on other carpets, but no problems with Cormar.

12. foxpod

In my experience its not stiff as often as its too soft and falls apart as soon as its bent or manipulated .
    It is absolute rubbish,
    I`m not having a pop at you for selling it,we all know its meant to be award winning carpet!!!
    Do a test
    next time you sell a bit,get a fitter to bring an off cut back and bend it about a bit over a peice of paper,see how the backing fails
    Then get another off cut and get it wet(as if it was cleaned or spillage) and see how the backing just comes away and fails.
    I would be interested in your views afterwards.

prah likes this.
  13. The Carpet Crusader

I will do, Will look in Skip tomorrow, we've had a soaking this week.

prah and foxpod like this.
  14. foxpod

Gone a bit quiet on the $hit Cormar front ???
    Its not just Cormar, I will no longer be selling anything from Millennium Weavers after my last two weeks fitting the $hit...
    I thought I found a budget ish carpet that the backing actually stayed on?
    And it did for the first year of selling and installing,so great !
    But,my last 4 installs of Millennium twist and Weavers twist have been an absolute nightmare !
    So bad,I have put in 3 complaint forms.
    It`s nearly broken me as a man with a conscience !!!
    I later find out that it used to be made in Belgium,but now they are manufacturing in the UK.......
    Well that says it all !!!
    Fuy<king Joke we have become !
    Total Disgrace........................................................................................................
    I have gone through 20 + cans of Cancer Spray Glue to try and repair backing failure to get paid,in some cases nearly fully double stick installs ....
    i shouldnt have to even use any glue to stretch fit !!!
    What the Fu<k Is going on ?????????????????
    As I said,I`m a broken Man...............

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  15. goldielocksgator

goldielocksgator New Member

Urgent help required PLEASE!!! This is probably not in the right place on the website but I genuinely need some help! I am about to pay £15 a square metre for some carpet that my carpet layer had samples of... it is called Apollo Elite (?) In Pale Angora colour or Alabaster colour ... Have any of you heard of this brand? The lad fits carpets sometimes for John Lewis and said that they sell the range under a different name... please help! I will try and post a photo... thanks for any light anyone can shed!

Attached Files:

16. Tom

Apollo elite is Cormar Carpets .

17. Tom

Also cormar carpets if you go on there site say it retails on average at £24 asqm2 mtr

18. The Carpet Crusader

Apologies for absence.
    Still no real problems with Cormar, not delaminating.

Hard backing quite a challenge, but getting with many manufacturers

19. Stanley Flooring

Stanley Flooring New Member

Stiff backing is fine for a room,but when youre doing 3 townhouses a week in it you feel like burning it not fitting it lol