Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Condor carpets? in the Textile & Carpet Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sadowska

Sadowska New Member

Hi, hope someone can advise on carpet quality please. I'm considering the condor imperial saxony, available for £14 psm (hoping to source it through a local fitter).
    I also have a sample of the condor revolution (£7 psm) which doesn't seem to be good quality. Does anyone have an opinion on the imperial, or condor generally please?
    My partner takes some convincing that we should spend any more than the minimum (!) but it's the lounge and we're staying in the house long term. But then it's a big lounge and realistically £14 for carpet is the most we can spend.
    Thanks

2. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Condor do loads of carpets I sell one called Orlando which is a good saxony and not a bad on price

3. Sadowska

Sadowska New Member

Thanks Tom. Anyone have any thoughts on the imperial please?

4. Tom

I
    imperial is fine for lounge I would suggest you use a good high density underlay with it like cloud 9 connoisseur 8mm

5. Sadowska

Sadowska New Member

Thanks again. Would you recommend it to last well, as I want to make the right investment. Is the connoisseur better than the contract?
    Cheers

6. Tom

I prefer to use connoisseur over the contract yes. Imperial will wear fine if you look after it well and vacuum regular with a good upright vacuum cleaner

7. foxpod

foxpod Well-Known Member Pro Floor Fitter

Imperial normally has a decent backing which is unusual nowadays !!
    Good value for money carpet mate..
    Charleston 9 would be my choice of ulay.Connoisseur good aswell