Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Thanks for visiting the Flooring Forum. Here you'll find all sorts of advice and discussion on all sorts of flooring, such as carpet, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, amtico, and more. As you are not logged into the flooring forum you won't be able to use the full features of the forum. Please login, or register for free, to use all the features of the forum.

Discuss Bending stripped carpet in the Tips & Tricks area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. St1gzee

St1gzee Member

prah and daniel2829 like this.
  2. Spacey

Spacey Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

There's a reason why things like this Aren't posted on social media or forums

3. Spacey

Plus like a lot of things its never as simple as it seams

4. St1gzee

St1gzee Member

Report me to the magic carpet circle then if you feel like that fella..lmao

5. Spacey

Lol
    Thing is some guys spend alot of time effort and money to correctly learn and practice these type of things and there's already lots of part pics and half videos and bad advice online of fitting techniques of both carpet and resilient flooring.
    If you feel you want to share this kind of thing at least go the full hog and show and explain the whole process start to finish

6. Tom

Tom Active Member Pro Floor Fitter

Your right Spacey a lot of carpet fitters can’t even prep right let alone fit. So to start bending stripes and hand sewing bull noses is a recipe for disaster. I’m a carpet fitter I’ve seen how you curve lvt but I wouldn’t try it and get in mess doing so

7. daniel2829

daniel2829 New Member

Well done. I thought that's how it was done but nice to see it confirmed. Guess what we will be doing on our display stair tomorrow!

8. Spacey

Guess what you'll be getting frustrated with and pulling your hair out about tomorrow and the next day

Tom likes this.